Travel to Ljubljana
Ljubljana has always had a strategically good position for travelling between Italy, Central Europe and the Balkans. Nowadays it's easily accessible due to a well developed network of railways and roads. Slovenian airlines Adria airways supply flights for the Ljubljana airport, thus connecting the capital with many European cities.
Ljubljana airport is situated some 20 km North of Ljubljana in the direction Kranj.
Ljubljana car rentals
Local and international car rental agencies in Ljubljana
Flights to Ljubljana
Cheap flights connect Ljubljana with many European cities.
Travel to Ljubljana by train
Slovenia has a developed network of railways, connecting Ljubljana with Graz and Klagenfurt (Austria) to the north and Trieste (Italy) to the west. Ljubljana's main train station, simply called "Ljubljana", is within an easy walk to the city centre. The web site of Slovenian Railways (Slovenske Zeleznice) displays train schedules, also in English:
Train from Maribor to Ljubljana
Maribor, as a Slovenia`s second largest city is also an important cross-roads for travel to Ljubljana. There are cheap flights from London landing at Maribor airport. Ljubljana and Maribor are well connected and trains run roughly every hour. The express train takes about 1 hour and 48 minutes, while the slower train is about 2 hours 20 minutes or longer. Some trains are direct, but usually you have to change in Zidani Most.
Travel by bus
The web site of the Ljubljana Bus station (Avtobusna postaja Ljubljana) offers timetables for all local bus connections, including the plan of the bus routes. The ticket office is open daily from about 5.00 or 5.30 till 22.30. For most of the routes you can buy the tickets directly from the driver. Please have small denomination Euro notes and coins ready.
Ljubljana by car
Slovenia has a developed network of motorways:
- from Villach (Austria) E 651 (100 km)
- from Klagenfurt (Austria) E 652/E 61 (85 km)
- from Graz (Austria) via Maribor E 57/E 59 (195 km)
- from Trieste (Italy) E 61/E 70 (110 km)
- from Zagreb (Croatia) E 70 (120 km)
- from Budapest (Hungary) E 57/E 71 (430 km)
Slovenia travel info
- AMZS / Slovene Automobile Association - Information on routes, distances, petrol prices, etc.
Emergency and Towing service: 1987
Telephone information: 5.30 am - 20.00 pm
- Traffic Information Centre For Public Roads
Phone: +386 (0)1 518 85 18
To plan your route you can use for example: www.viamichelin.com
- Frankfurt Ljubljana
- Bled Lake from Ljubljana
- Bus Kranjska Gora Ljubljana
- Bled bus Ljubljana
- Ljubljana trains
- Train timetable Ljubljana
- Trains from Venice to Ljubljana
- Klagenfurt Ljubljana table time train
- Manchester Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Pula by road
- Bus Ljubljana times Zagreb