LJUBLJANA, THE CAPITAL OF SLOVENIA
Is a beautiful small city situated on the river Ljubljanica that flows between the city centre and the castle hill
WELCOME TO LJUBLJANA.INFO
YOUR INDEPENDENT CITY GUIDE TO LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA.
Find things to do in Ljubljana, days out in Ljubljana, Ljubljana attractions and sightseeing, what’s on, Ljubljana events, theatres, tours, restaurants and hotels in Ljubljana.
Welcome to visit Ljubljana, Slovenia. Plan your trip to Ljubljana with useful visitor information.
Why choosing Ljubljana.info guided tours?
- Our tours are run by locals and locals only. We are all licensed tour guides and have also lived in Ljubljana since time immemorial. We know the city as our own pocket.
- The tours are conducted for small and big groups.
- All the tours are private. You do not have to squeeze with 30 other tourists, which often happens at “free” or other non-private tours.
- All the tours can be customized.
- We successfully cooperate with individuals, agencies, institutions and companies.
- We are aware of the negative impacts of tourism on the local environment. Thus, we will always introduce you to sustainable tourism practices in Ljubljana and to local products and never to the products of multinational companies.
- We will not tire you with numbers and years of every laid brick. Our tours are also fun :).
Best prices for transfers between airports and cities
Do you need a transfer from the city Ljubljana to the Ljubljana (Brnik) Airport or vice versa? Or maybe between destinations within Slovenia? Or even to or from other countries?
- Punctual and reliable transfers
- Affordable and comfortable
- Professional drivers
- Taxes and tolls included
- Door-to-door transfer
- High-quality transfer experience
- Free waiting time of 60 minutes at airports and 15 minutes at all other locations
Online Budget Car Rentals
Looking for car rentals in Ljubljana, Slovenia or elsewhere? Most of the international and local car rental companies have their office in Ljubljana, either in the town or you can also rent a car at the Ljubljana Airport at their car hire center.
Find, compare and save using our secure online car rental system!
Choose from a variety of cars, ranging from economy class to luxury. Search for best deals for Budget, Hertz, Sixt, Alamo, Adria, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar and others.
Best value for money deals!
Ljubljana offers various private and public galleries, theatres and museums on the history of Slovenia and Yugoslavia, as well as on architecture, art and other interesting themes of historical or contemporary artistic production.
The National Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, the National Gallery, the Ethnographic Museum and the Museum of Natural History are just a few that boast outstanding collections.
As an independent website, we have reviewed many hotels and private accommodation to secure you the perfect holiday in Ljubljana.
We only recommend the facilities that really meet the quality of service expected
January is in average the coldest month of the year with average temperatures above zero. Snow is less common than in the past but when it does snow, it is mostly from December to February.
December is the most vivid winter month in Ljubljana with the Christmas Market taking place from late November to early January filling the air with the scent of cinnamon and mulled wine.
If you are a ski fan, the closest ski resort to Ljubljana is Krvavec about 40 km away.
What to bring if visiting Ljubljana in winter? A jacket or a coat, a hat, gloves, a scarf, warm shoes and warm socks.