LJUBLJANA TO DO
LJUBLJANA.INFO YOUR GUIDE TO LJUBLJANA SIGHTSEEING, CASTLES
AND CHURCHES IN LJUBLJANA, MUSEUMS, ZOO, PARKS, SHOPPING, DAY TRIPS, NIGHTLIFE AND MORE
If you are wondering what to see in Ljubljana and what to do in Ljubljana and around it, wonder no more. Ljubljana offers enough to keep you busy for days. Please read below about best places to go, things to do and places to see in Ljubljana.
Seven reasons why booking a tour with us is a good idea:
- Our tours are run by locals and locals only. We are all licensed tour guides and have also lived in Ljubljana since time immemorial. We know the city as our own pocket.
- The tours are conducted for small and big groups.
- All the tours are private. You do not have to squeeze with 30 other tourists, which often happens at “free” or other non-private tours.
- All the tours can be customized.
- We successfully cooperate with individuals, agencies, institutions and companies.
- We are aware of the negative impacts of tourism on the local environment. Thus, we will always introduce you to sustainable tourism practices in Ljubljana and to local products and never to the products of multinational companies.
- We will not tire you with numbers and years of every laid brick. Our tours are informative, educational and also fun :).
Let us make your Slovenia experience unforgettable!
Slovenia is maybe small but it is extremely diverse. Show us another country on Earth where the mighty Alps and the enchanting Mediterranean, mysterious virgin forests and endless vineyards, glacial lakes and emerald rivers, and towns and villages with rich cultural and historical heritage can be found in such a small area.
Join us for a trip to the following destinations:
- Lake Bled Fairytale – Half day tour
- Postojna Cave & Postojna Castle – Half day tour
- Lake Bled & Postojna Cave/Castle – Full day tour
- Karst & Coast Mistery – Full day tour
- Venice – Full day tour
- Emerald Soca River – Day trip
- Wine Xpedition – Full day tour
- Kamnik & Velika Planina Plateau Tour
- Ptuj & Maribor & Wine – Full day tour
Dive into the world of culture and arts!
Ljubljana offers an abundance of cultural and artistic content to satisfy even the most demanding cultural enthusiasts.
It boasts some amazing festivals, museums, galleries, theatres and cinemas. In the same time it is also a place of music, alternative art and street art.
Find some options for cultural engagement here below:
- Admire masterpieces of the architect Joze Plecnik,
- Visit the best art museums and galleries,
- Visit historical museums,
- Attend open-air events and festivals,
- Visit theatre, ballet or opera plays,
- Get to know alternative Ljubljana art and culture.
An hour drive to the Alps, an hour drive to the Mediterranean!
As Ljubljana is perfectly positioned between the Alpine world and the Mediterranean you do not need to get very far out of the city to find countless beauties of nature. The Slovenian capital is surrounded by numerous hills to hike, lakes and rivers to swim, bicycle paths to enjoy and medieval towns to visit.
Some suggestions on beautiful spots around Ljubljana:
- Velika Planina Plateau
- City of Kranj (on the photo on the left)
- Ljubljana Marshes
- Podpec Lake
- Mount St. Mary
- Medieval town of Skofja Loka
Our pocket capital is just ideal for travelling with kids!
Ljubljana is one of the most family oriented capitals in Europe. Why so?
- It has an abundance of green spaces, parks and playgrounds for children,
- The city centre is closed to traffic and kids can safely run around,
- It is very safe as crime levels are extraordinarily low,
- There are children’s theatres and cinemas, a ZOO, a castle at the top of the hill above the city
- There are numerous cafes and confectionaries with delicious cakes and ice creams in the old town.
Find sustainable and socially responsible local stores, products and services
You love to travel and in the same time you like to leave as little traces behind you as possible?
Sustainable, green and socially responsible tourism is what Ljubljana.info team fully supports.
And hopefully inspires you, dear reader, to shoulder local, ethical, green and fair trade businesses that we list and that are aiming for a better tomorrow.
Responsible consumerism helps prevent negative impacts of tourism and globalization and generates economic benefits for local people with which their well-being is improved.
Please find some socially responsible local stores, products and services in this section.
MORE THINGS TO DO IN LJUBLJANA
Sound Massage Ljubljana with Nina
Address: Studio Yoga Yama, Celovska 32, 1000 Ljubljana
Phone: Nina, +386 31 623 211
Sound massage is a mixture of Eastern knowledge of sound and other old alternative techniques based on researches and adaptation to the lifestyle of the West. It has become a complementary therapy in mainstream healthcare.
In sound massage we use singing bowls – one is placed onto the fully-clothed body, the others are sending vibration through the body from sides.
What are the benefits?
- Relaxation, deep sleep, drainage
- Support for healing for various health and emotional issues
- Similar to meditation
- Increased life force energy, mental clarity
- Relief of chronic fatigue syndrome and depression
- Pain relief, lower blood pressure
Price: 40 €/75 min
Riding an e-scooter you can really feel the city and you can do that the most exciting and fun way.
Riding an electric scooter requires less effort than biking or walking. You will feel the breeze without getting tired. After hours of exploring Ljubljana you will still look and feel fresh.
No car, taxi or bus would enable you to discover uniqueness and hidden treasures of the city as fast and efficiently as an e- scooter.
Renting an e-scooter is your contribution to keep Ljubljana green and clean.
e-Kick Scooter rental prices
3 hours – 19 €
For a day – 25 €
24 hours – 30 €
Coco Harley e-Scooter rental prices
2h – 23 €
3h – 34 €
4h – 46 €
6h – 55 €